Saturday, April 5, 2014

And so it begins...

Hello to the blogging world! I have desired to start a blog for years and am finally making it happen! *applause*

What is the purpose of a blog? It's kind of interesting actually. Why people do it, why people read it, why anyone gives a hoot. It's like a public diary, you can find out almost everything about somebody short of their weight (hopefully). I'm hoping this is a new hobby I can develop and stick to. I'm not exactly sure what I will blog about or if it will even be worth the time for me or for my gracious viewers. Maybe I'll eventually start posting important things that will make the world a better place, inspiring the lives of every reader--since I have so much wisdom and prestige (sarcasm). 

So who am I? For starters, I am the ninth of ten children. No, that is not a typo. TEN kids! Three boys and seven girls, my mother says she was always disappointed she never got more. Greedy are we?! (jk mom) When people recover from their heart attacks caused from hearing how "large" my family is, they instantly ask if I want a lot of kids too. My answer is yes and no. No--I do not physically want to have a lot of kids (child birth--YIKES!) but yes, I do want a lot of children, preferably 9 boys but since life is full of irony God will probably hand me 9 girls. I think the best gift you can give your children is many siblings. Speaking from experience, there's nothing better than knowing you have 9 friends for life (not that I have trouble keeping friends). I could go into a long and, no doubt touching, novel on why big families are so great, but all in good time. 

For now, we can keep it short and observe my lovely sisters...


From the front left: Me, Kristin, Hilary, Back row: Kellan, the youngest (lucky girl), Lindsay, the oldest sister, Samantha, and Kathryn. The brothers are permanently MIA.


And the unamused lady in the middle is our lovely mother aka Superwoman. 

Not only did my mom give me life, she gave me her name. Damaris. People like to freak about that too. (I'm just full of wild facts). I used to hate it, especially since its deep and profound meaning is "cow," but I have now come to appreciate it in all of its uniqueness--heifers and all.

A few more tidbits about who I am before I wrap this up; I'm a sophomore at Benedictine College majoring in Business Marketing. Don't ask me what I want to do with that because I have no idea. I've looked into everything from being a travel agent, a wedding planner, or an advertising executive. But it'll no doubt change and I'll probably end up being an orthodontist. Never can tell.

That's all I'd like to reveal, so for now--Ciao! 

5 comments:

  1. You're the best! I love it. I giggled my way through the whole thing. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear new blogger, i like you! I have a question......Why do people blog to strangers? I can see blogging to family but why to strangers????? Mare, you are a gifted writer,. I can almost hear you laughing at yourself----tooo much like your Mech

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Goof Ball Mech,
      The art of writing as been around for decades. Just take a quick look at the fiction work of Little Women. That story was told by Louisa May Alcott about her own life growing up with her sisters. People have always written to strangers. Writing is an art form used to express thought, feeling, or emotion. Why is any book ever written???? I love you.

      Delete
    2. Here here Lin! couldn't have said it better myself.

      Delete
  3. Damarcus!!! This makes me so happy! I laughed a total of around 17 times! Now, when I don't see you around campus for dayyyysss, I can read what's going on in your absolutely smashingly wonderful head, and what's happening in your lovely, beautiful life!

    ReplyDelete